Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Movie Review - Blood Diamond

WOW - This was one powerful movie. It was excellent. It was disturbing. I highly reccomend this movie. This would be on my list of favorites - I like reality though. This is one movie that everyone should see. I was reading a little about conflict diamonds. The info. I read indicated that conflict diamonds now account for less than 1% of the diamonds on the market. Diamonds that come out of Angola, Sierra Leone, and Botswana are now conflict-free and supposedly the profits from these actually benefit the citizens of these countries. As with all info. on the internet I don't know if it is true - but I learned a lot as a result of watching this movie. (I also reccomend Hotel Rwanda if you are interested in learning more about African conflict)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...