Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Straight Baby


Here is the exciting story of our evening. Wesley, Jessie, and I brought home dinner from McTeacher's Night at McDonald's (a smart marketing gimmick by McD's) We gave Claire her milk - which she then spilled. Followed 30 seconds later by Jessie spilling her milk. We had 10 minutes to eat and go to karate. So we cleaned up milk - dressed in karate outfits and got into the car. Claire got into the back and buckled herself into Jessie's seat. When I told her to get into her seat she said "No". As she tried to escape to the front seat - I grabbed her and we played straight baby. (If you have a 2 year old - you know straight baby is a popular way to avoid being buckled into your carseat by making yourself straight.) We made it to karate and had to leave since Claire was making to much noise - On the way home we played straight baby again. Thirty minutes later we went back to pick the kids up - and before we got there we had to play get into Jessie's seat and a short game of straight baby. We then arrived at karate 15 minutes early - where Claire was hungry - so she ate a Kleenex (she said it was a cracker) - and tried to bite as I removed it from her shark-like mouth. The kids finished, we were 5 minutes late to Wesley's basketball practice - so we got back in the car where we played another game of straight baby. We got to practice and Claire played strangle the nice lady sitting next to us while trying to put her stuffed puppy on the lady's head. She had forgotten she was hungry - but then remembered when she found a dirty gum wrapper on the floor which she ate. We left practice early (Kendell and Wes were still there). We played one last game of straight baby, came home, gave the girls a shower - Claire, of course, refused to give me the soap to get her clean, I finally got her clean, she got out of the shower and onto the floor (wet and naked) because she remembered she was a puppy. I wrestled the puppy into the bed where she now insisted she was a baby and needed a diaper (a pullup torn open and put on like a diaper) but of course she wouldn't let me put it on - she kept rolling away - I left the room - she cried wanting help with her diaper - I helped her put it on and she then would not let me put her pajamas on. We finally got PJ's on and we read a book - (Wesley's library book). I told her she could not touch it because it was a library book - so she tried to tear the page - I left to read it in another room and she came in crying wanting to read the book. I read the book and put her back in bed where she cried because she wanted to go to Mommy's bed. It has been a long evening and I think I have played one too many games of straight baby today!!!

1 comment:

John & Sarah said...

Claire is such a doll. I love the straight baby story and can total relate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...