Sunday, August 3, 2008

He Asked for Milk!!!!!


Benjamin was eating lunch today and he asked for milk - It is amazing. I have been trying to force him to like milk for 3 months now and he finally asked for it. A normal beverage conversation would be - Benjamin, Do you want some milk? He says, No, water or kurlur (Coke in Chinese). Then I give him milk anyway - which we make him drink before he is allowed to leave the table. Today he actually wanted milk and drank it without being threatened with the loss of something fun. I am a big proponent of milk as a good source of calcium and protein for my kids - and Benjamin really needs to grow - If he going to be really short when he grows up it will not be my fault for not feeding him properly - then I can just blame it on genetics and be content. I think we are really making some progress around here!

2 comments:

cindy said...

Good for Ben! I grew up on a farm with plenty of milk to drink! We only had pop when dad left on a trip....which was rare. Now about it making you grow tall, well.. it didn't work for me! But it did for Emily!!:) Tell Ben I'm glad he likes milk now. My favorite is whole milk!!! But due to the fat content of it, we stick with the skim. C Wehmer

Kelly said...

Yeah I can blame being short on genetics! I had to drink cow's milk every night before leaving the table too! Never thought it was fair that my Mom got to drink the Diet Coke, and us the plain milk! LOL. I'm stttiilllll short! I was really thinking I was pushing 5'2, while getting measured the other day at doc's office... nope! Pushing 5'1! How sad! I've seeen tall asians at Holt Hertitage Camp. I was just not blessed in that category;-)I'm okay with that... it COULD be much worse:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...