Monday, January 19, 2009

I Have a Dream!

Happy Martin Luther King Day - I have now officially bugged my children until they understand what this day is about and why it is important to remember Martin Luther King. We live in a small and not very racially diverse community - but do have a racially diverse family. I want my children to understand that God created all men (and women) equally - we do not discriminate based on color, wealth, religious preference, or for any other reason - I know that they may hear things at school from other kids which we don't agree with and I want them to understand why this is wrong. Discrimination is not allowed at our home. Thanks to Martin Luther King for his part in changing our future. If you haven't perused it lately I would encourage you to read the I Have a Dream speech - It is amazing!!!! (I love a good speech!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...