Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy Adoption Day (and Claire the stylist)



One year ago today (I think, but I am not big on celebrations) we adopted Benjamin. I attempted to take a Happy Adoption Day photo - but I could not get him away from his new Wii Lego Star Wars game - He still had time on his 45 minute daily allotment and could not be disturbed. He obviously looks like a typical American kid now - which is exactly what he is! Jessie and Claire went outside to cut some flowers this afternoon - unfortunately Claire thought she was supposed to cut her hair also - I thought that was her 3 year old phase - but apparently it continues for another year. I wouldn't care if she cut her own hair if she was actually good at it (everyone knows I like to save a buck when I can) but as you can see from the photo she better keep saving for college as I don't think she will pass beauty school. This is her most devastating hair cut as of date (I think it is hair cut number 3 or 4, but I am starting to lose count.). The house update as of now is - no we have not moved in - our very nice cabinet man is also very slow - I am sure that the cabinets will be awesome if they are ever finished. Today Claire and I mulched some of the fruit trees we have planted and after supper I am going to put some wildflower seed on the side of our driveway hill.

3 comments:

Erin said...

oh my.... maybe a comb over would work? i feel your pain. Liv's has finally grown out again. well, she is still gorgeous, even without all her hair.. and the house looks beautiful, but the anticipation must be killing you! we are spring breaking in St louis this week.. its just like the beach! (not) Take care, Love you all!
Aunt Erin

Smalltown Girl said...

I didn't know that you had a blog until Amanda mentioned it and I will now be stalking you. Just so you know.

BTW: It's Amy H. I stay anonymous on my blog.

http://livingsingleinsmalltownamerica.blogspot.com/

Happy blogging!

Amanda said...

Oh no, I didn't mean to set Amy on stalking you! :)

If I had the Lego Star Wars Wii game, you couldn't disturb me either. Happy adoption day to Benjamin! Listening to him at the egg hunt was amazing - he seems to be so happy and acclimated. Great job.

-Amanda P. (or "Pinkeye" - I hope I didn't pass it on to you.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...