Friday, November 4, 2011

Hangzhou, China

We have been incredibly lucky to spend the last 2 days in Hangzhou with Lynn’s parents.  They have been so nice and generous.  We are staying at the Overseas Chinese Hotel.  I am having a lot of trouble with my internet here so I haven’t been able to keep in touch.  We have also been very busy.  We took a boat ride on West Lake this morning and then went to an area called Old Town for shopping/people watching.

  China Day 1and2 2011 029

This is a shopping area where they sell typical Chinese crafts.  The kids had a great time watching the artisans there working on their crafts. 

China Day 1and2 2011 056

We also got to taste some really great candy fruity like snacks (I know that doesn’t explain it well – but I have no idea what they were.)

China Day 1and2 2011 058

We walked through a food market there where they sold chicken that had been covered in mud and then buried and cooked underground.  Sadly enough I didn’t try it.  Also didn’t eat the duck or rabbit heads that looked yummy or the tofu that smelled like rotten badness.

China Day 1and2 2011 067 

We did however eat Thai at a nearby restaurant that was fantastic.  Last night we went to a performance called Impression West Lake.  It was great.  I can’t describe it – but I am sure you can Google it if you like.  It was produced by the man who did the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics.  Well that is my update for now.  Hopefully I will have better internet access tomorrow and can give so more interesting details.  Right now I am tired and have 4 sleeping kids in my room, which makes it very hard to stay awake.  I will work on getting some photos to upload tomorrow when I am at the airport, hopefully.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...