Monday, January 30, 2012

Will's Adoption Video (really it's more of a slideshow)

I worked on Will's adoption video this week.  I used Window Live Movie Maker and nearly went insane trying to get everything where I wanted it.  I see a couple things I would like to change - but no way am I messing with it again (at least not for a year or so).  I really like making these slide shows of the kids adoption stories.  I am terrible at making photo albums.  By terrible I mean that I don't have any photo albums of the kids. All my pictures are on the computers and I haven't even printed any of them.  I figure why waste the paper. Anyway, I just needed to admit that I am a bad mother and none of my kids will ever have a baby/memory book.  I guess I will look on the bright side and figure that in the next couple years the kids can just go on the computer, go through all million of their photos and make their own.

Will's adoption has been so smooth thus far.  I hope that our story is encouraging to others who consider adoption.  My husband and I had just enough courage to start the process.  I guess that is all that we needed and then God took over and made everything fall into place.  If you are thinking of adopting my advice is to stop being scared and take that first step.

 I found this quote from C.S. Lewis (Into the Wardrobe) - I really like it:

" To trust Him means, of course, trying to do all that He says. There would be no sense in saying you trusted a person if you would not take his advice. Thus if you have really handed yourself over to Him, it must follow that you are trying to obey Him. But trying in a new way, a less worried way." 

So enough discussion, here is the video:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...